What happened yesterday in our little country Belgium was really terrible. We are all shocked, devastated and we feel scared. And we know that a lot of our foreign friends were very worried about us. With this, we want to tell you that we will be okay, eventually. Because despite what happened, we are still standing strong … And here are 13 reasons why:
1. No matter how f*cked up this is, we’re all in this togetherWe support each other, no matter what.
2. And we feel supported by all of you
And we know that we’ll get out of this … together.
All my thoughts to Belgium ? #prayforbruxelles #Bruxelles #R8G © @plantu pic.twitter.com/MHyNuvj257— Romain Grosjean (@RGrosjean) March 22, 2016
3. And yes, we’re scared … but we’ll never give up
Brave Little Belgium.
We may be small, but we have balls of steel #Brussels pic.twitter.com/6OK0BpE6a5— Jeroen Van Horenbeek (@VanHorenbeek) March 22, 2016
4. We know that we have to stay strong to make this world a safe place to live in for our childrenThat’s what we’re willing to fight for.
5. But we also know it’s okay to be angry, to cry and to scream
We can let it all out.
#Bruxelles— Bernard Mnich (@BernardMnich) March 22, 2016
(dessin de Mitch) pic.twitter.com/sv3LvKM0k2
6. We still have our sense of humour which makes us strongerAnd we’ll never lose it.
7. And we use it to express our anger:Which really helps.
8. We still believe that we can make this world a better place …
?? Pray for Belgium,Pray for the world ?? #prayforbrussels #prayforbelgium #peace #makethisworldabetterplace pic.twitter.com/vZ2O3UeUOc— ian lai (@Ianfootbrollers) March 22, 2016
9. Not only with our beer, french fries or chocolate, but also because of who we are
Little, but brave.
Never succumb to fear. Don't pray, but fight back with sense, reason and intelligence. #courage #jesuisbelge ?? pic.twitter.com/vqD4MF9vkw— Sébastien Gernay (@SebastienGernay) March 22, 2016
10. There’s so much solidarity in our country right now
People are doing selfless acts, like donating blood and taking care of total strangers.
11. And that’s why we still believe in love and humanityAnd we’ll never stop doing that.
12. We find comfort, support and strength in so many songs
Music holds us together.
Was amazing when @Adele dedicated "Make You Feel My Love" performance to the Brussels attacks last night! ? #25Tour pic.twitter.com/PkhuPrZqPu— James (@_RealJ_) March 23, 2016
13. And finally: all we want is ‘a better place for you and for me’
Which we WILL achieve.
"A better place for you and for me" #WeAreBrussels pic.twitter.com/QOKC4ZcgHZ— newsmonkey (@Newsmonkey_BE) March 22, 2016